The Cincinnati Reds’ 12-game winning streak came to an end on Saturday night, as they fell to the Atlanta Braves 7-6 in a high-scoring game that featured eight home runs.
The Reds jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning on solo home runs by Tyler Stephenson and Brandon Drury. However, the Braves answered with four runs in the bottom of the inning, highlighted by a two-run homer from Matt Olson.
The Reds tied the game in the second inning on a solo homer by Nick Senzel, but the Braves took the lead for good in the third inning on a two-run homer by Travis d’Arnaud.
The Reds fought back in the ninth inning, scoring two runs on solo homers by Drury and Albert Almora Jr., but they were unable to complete the comeback.
The loss snapped the Reds’ longest winning streak since 1957. The Braves, meanwhile, won their ninth game in 10.
- The Reds’ 12-game winning streak, which ended on June 23, 2023, was their longest since 1957.
- The Braves won their ninth game in 10.
- The game featured eight home runs, four by each team.
- Matt Olson hit the 200th home run of his big league career.
- Raisel Iglesias struck out Jonathan India for the final out to secure the Brave’s victory.
The Reds and Braves will meet again on Sunday afternoon for the rubber match of the series. The game is scheduled to start at 1:35 PM ET.