Hey there, Slack power users. Have you been waiting impatiently for the latest and greatest updates from your favorite team collaboration tool? The wait is over. Slack just announced some awesome new features specifically geared toward your enterprise customers out there. Whether your team spans multiple locations, departments, or time zones, these updates are going to make your working life so much easier. Get ready for enhanced search, simplified permissions, and workflows that actually work the way you do. Keep reading to find out how these new capabilities are going to revolutionize the way you get work done with your teams every single day. The future of teamwork is here – are you ready for it?
Custom Slack Emojis
Slack just released some awesome new features for Enterprise customers. If your company uses Slack for work, you’re going to love these updates:
- Custom Slack Emojis: You can now create custom emoji for your workspace. Want an emoji of your company mascot or CEO? Now you can have it! Custom emoji are a fun way to build culture and community within your organization.
To create custom emoji, just head to your workspace settings and look for “Customize Emoji”. Upload your image, give it a name, and it will be available for use in your channels and messages. You can make as many custom emoji as you like. Pretty cool, right?
- Improved Search: Finding old messages and files in Slack just got smarter. The search function now uses machine learning to better understand what you’re looking for and returns the most relevant results. Search also now includes results from private channels and direct messages that you have access to.
- Easier Workflow Builder: Creating customized workflows and approvals in Slack is now more intuitive. The updated Workflow Builder has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, so you don’t need any coding experience to automate routine processes. Set up multi-step workflows, choose approvers, and customize messages with just a few clicks.
With useful new features like these, Slack keeps getting better for business. Stay tuned for more updates and keep chatting with your teams in Slack! Let the collaboration continue…
Shared Channels to Connect With External Partners
Slack is rolling out some exciting new features for Enterprise customers. Get ready for:
Shared Channels to Connect With External Partners
- You can now create shared channels to collaborate with external partners who aren’t part of your Slack workspace. This means you can chat, share files, and work with clients, vendors, agencies, or anyone else directly in Slack.
- Shared channels operate just like regular Slack channels, but also include additional controls and permissions to manage how information is shared. You’ll have oversight into which workspaces have access and can remove access at any time.
- This feature makes it simple to keep all your conversations and workflows within Slack, rather than having to switch between different tools. And because it’s Slack, everything stays organized, searchable, and secure.
Lots of Little Improvements to Make You More Productive
- Slack has also rolled out several smaller features to help streamline your workflow and save you time. Things like:
› Customizable sidebar: You can now pin, reorder, hide, and collapse channels and DMs in the sidebar to organize everything just the way you like it.
› Easier thread replies: When replying in threads, you’ll now see the full context of the conversation to avoid confusion and ensure your response is relevant.
› Smarter search: Search results are more accurate and contextual, recognizing things like channel names, usernames, file names, and more. Search will also suggest results from your recent conversations and frequently used terms.
› And much more: From message editing to snooze notifications to improved email notifications, there are tons of little upgrades to help you get work done more efficiently in Slack.
With all these new features and improvements focused on productivity, collaboration, and ease of use, Slack Enterprise customers have a lot to look forward to. Stay tuned for more updates as Slack continues to roll out the latest and greatest advancements for your digital HQ.
New Flexibility in Admin Controls
Increased control over user permissions
As an admin, you now have more granular control over user permissions in your Slack workspace. You can restrict access to certain features and channels for different members to better suit your organization’s needs.
For example, say you have some channels that contain sensitive data or discussions that you only want visible to certain teams. You can now limit access to those channels to specific users or groups. Don’t want external collaborators to see internal project boards or documents? Restrict their access with the click of a button.
These improved permission controls give workspace owners peace of mind that information is only visible to authorized personnel. You have full oversight over who can access what in your digital HQ.
Enhanced audit log search
Trying to track down who made changes to a channel or did something else in your Slack workspace? The updated audit log search makes it easier than ever. You can now filter the log by user, channel, type of action, date range, and more to quickly find the information you need.
See who archived that important channel, who changed ownership of the #marketing workspace, or look for any add, edit, or delete actions over the past week. With customizable filters and search parameters, you have full visibility into how your Slack ecosystem is being used and modified.
Optional two-factor authentication
For an extra layer of security, Slack now offers optional two-factor authentication (2FA) for all your workspace members. When 2FA is enabled, users will enter a code sent to their mobile device in addition to their password to log in.
This helps prevent unauthorized access to your Slack accounts and workspaces, adding an additional safeguard for your digital communication and collaboration. For many organizations, 2FA has become an obligatory security measure, so the option to implement it in Slack will be a welcome update for most.
Between enhanced permission controls, improved audit logs, and optional two-factor authentication, Slack enterprise admins now have more flexibility, oversight, and security for their workspaces. The new updates give you peace of mind that your sensitive data and conversations remain in trusted hands.
Improved Compliance and Data Protection
Slack is beefing up security and compliance features for Enterprise Grid customers. New controls will help admins better manage sensitive data and stay on the right side of regulations.
- Enterprise Key Management (EKM) lets you control encryption keys and access logs. Only authorized users can access and decrypt messages. This helps meet compliance standards like HIPAA, FINRA, and FedRAMP.
- Data residency lets you store user data in a specific country or region. For multinational companies, this ensures you follow local data protection laws. User data will remain within set geographic boundaries.
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) integration provides an additional layer of protection for mobile devices. Enforce device-level security policies, remotely wipe managed Slack apps, and prevent unauthorized access. This boosts security for companies with bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies.
- Audit log API access gives developers tools to build custom audit log analysis tools. More easily monitor how employees use Slack and check that security protocols are being followed properly. This aids in both internal oversight and external audits.
Slack has always put security and compliance at the forefront, but these new enterprise features take it to the next level. Admins now have more control and visibility over sensitive data in Slack. And tighter integrations with third-party systems mean Slack can fit into your existing security workflows.
Whether you need to comply with privacy laws, industry regulations, or internal data security policies, Slack Enterprise Grid has you covered. Your data and conversations remain protected, yet accessible to the right people. Stay on top of compliance, keep customer trust, and rest easy knowing Slack has your back.
So there you have it, the latest and greatest from Slack for all you enterprise teams out there. These new features should help streamline your workflows, boost your productivity, and keep all your information secure and compliant. Slack is always listening to customers and working to build the tools you need to do your best work. Stay tuned for more announcements and updates coming your way soon. The future of work is here, and it’s happening inside Slack.